Welcome to the “grand opening” of our new Website. The Friends of Weeki Wachee State Park/CSO are delighted to have yet another way to communicate with our members and potential members.
The creation of a Website is one of many exciting events and activities we anticipate accomplishing in 2012. Here are a few of the activities planned for 2012.
- The construction of a new portable stage for concerts in the Park.
- “Art and culture” in the Park events where local artists can create and display their artwork.
- The Butterfly Gardens will be created this year.
- The Sirens Camp will continue to welcome new mermaids into the magical world of the springs.
- Continued work on plans for a Park museum and educational kiosks.
Let me extend another invitation to all members to attend our monthly Board of Directors meetings. On the third Monday of each month, meetings begin at 5:00 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom at the Park. Your thoughts and suggestion are always welcome. Remember you are the organization and our success depends on your active participation.
I see our beautiful Park as a venue for many exciting programs. Moreover, with the help and involvement of our members, community residents, and the collaborative non-profit organizations that we have within our county, I know that we will succeed.
Friends of Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, Inc.