FRIENDS OF WEEKI WACHEE
As a voting member of the board with full authority and responsibility to develop policies, procedures, and regulations for the operation of the organization
JOB TITLE: Board Member
TERM: Four-year term with the possibility of re-election to two additional terms after sitting off the Board for one year.
PURPOSE: To act as a voting member of the board with full authority and responsibility to develop policies, procedures, and regulations for the operation of the organization; to monitor the organization’s financial health, programs, and overall performance; and to provide the resources to meet the needs of those the organization serves.
REQUIREMENTS: Board Member is also a paid member in good standing of the Friends of Weeki Wachee Springs State Parks.
- Become familiar with the mission, goals, and objectives of the Friends of Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. Familiarity with the Florida State Citizens Support Organization’s Handbook, and our
organization’s Code of Ethics.
- Attend regularly scheduled and emergency scheduled board meetings.
- Become familiar with major issues and challenges facing Weeki Wachee Springs State Park.
- Make informed decisions concerning actions being taken by the Board.
- Provide a list of at least 5 individuals who will receive a letter from the Friends inviting them to join.
- Chair or undertake assignments as requested/appointed by the President.
- Supports and contributes to the mission, goals and strategic plan of the organization.
- Come to meetings prepared to contribute to the discussion of issues and business by preparing for meetings in advance by reading the agenda and relevant material.
- Always act in a positive and supportive manner of the organization, the community, and the park.
- Recommend others to serve on the Board.
- Avoid any appearance of conflicts of interest related to Friends of Weeki Wachee Springs State Park business and decisions.
TIME REQUIRED: Attend or telephone-conference monthly meetings and participate in FWWSSP events.
RESPONSIBLE TO: President